Sunday, May 26, 2013

An Introduction

In college I had a roommate named Thomas Brings, a brother in Christ who was ambitious for holiness. He often challenged me, "So Peter, whats the Good Lord been teaching you lately?" And it's not that the Good Lord hadn't been teaching me anything throughout the week, but often times I would compartmentalize any spiritual things I've learned, and would forget to apply it to my daily life. During my devotions and personal time with the Lord, I would become excited and full of joy at the moment, but when the question arose, "What has God been teaching me this week?" for some reason I couldn't tap into that side of my brain to give an answer.

And I think I found the solution.

This blog is for me to journal what God teaches me throughout the course of however long this blog survives. I believe that when you write something down, you remember it better. And when you have available a means to return to and reflect on past thoughts, you internalize even better. This is that. Not to sound selfish, but this blog is mainly for me. I created it with my benefit in mind. But I decided to journal via Internet as opposed to private documents because if my thoughts and God's teachings have the potential to help others who stumble across this humble page, it would bring me even greater joy. 

So there's a lot on my mind right now. But for the sake of having something to write in the future, I end here. I hope you're encouraged to reflect, "What's the Good Lord been teaching you lately?"

"May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ our Lord" -2 Peter 1:2

In Christ,
Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment