Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Wide Back

It's been a busy past couple of weeks, and it's about to get even busier. I think today is the first time in a while that I could sit down on my computer and just relax.

With a lot of stress and burden on my mind, life's been moving too fast for me to process it at once. With VBS dawning upon us, worrying about seminary acceptance, trying to catch organize the currently-behind-schedule praise team for Synod, discipleship, other non-church related events, and other more personal issues, my mind and back is overloaded with a constant barrage of seemingly perpetual stress. So trying to respond to these situations correctly and wisely makes it all the more difficult for me to handle the events and results of everything happening.

But in the midst of all this, God never felt far. In one particular, quite personal, burden, I've personally thought it unfair, unreasonable, or even uncalled for. But never has it felt like God neglected me. Rather, it's more like the whole time I'm moping and being bitter, God is persistently teaching me what I should already know - that He has a plan for me far better than what I can see in my limited scope of vision.

Disclaimer: It's hard. I'm borderline depressed lately. But ultimately, I want to be hopeful. Because this period in my life is but a passing breath, and what's to come next will blow my mind. 

I think one thing God's given me is a wide back, one that can bear the weight of the burdens that fall on me. And it's with situations like these that He's continuing to make them stronger.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

In Christ
Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment